Monday, February 9, 2009

A beautiful day



Well it was a very beautiful day today and I'm glad I spent it outdoors. I had to get out and apply pre-em to my few remaining customers' yards. When I got to the Ballew's, I was speaking
 to Penny (the lady of the house) and I was telling her she should keep the kids and dogs off the grass for 24 hours. Just making conversation, I ask, "How's the new puppy?" to which she replied, "Ya'll want a dog?" I certainly did not expect to hear that and I asked why, she just said, that she and Hal are apparently allergic to her. I could tell she was quite distraught over it.
So, I went into an explanation about if we were living out at the farm, I'd say yes right away. So I gave Katie a call, and told her about the dog, a Yellow Lab, they named Georgia Rose. I thought for sure, Katie would say "sorry, no way." Boy was I surprised when she asked, "Well is she house broke?" I thought 
to myself, "I, think we're about to get a dog" I asked Penny, and wouldn't you know it, she's been crate trained! We decided we would all discuss it further with our families
So the day goes on, I go by the Brazzel's, and they paid me cash which was AWESOME, and I went to the Credit Union to keep my mowers from getting repossessed.
My next stop would've been my mother's, but she needed me to pick up some hay from Lawson's. After I get to the farm, and unload the hay, I noted that Valley Wood, Inc. hasn't been out to do the grading, and to clean out the stream bed as they were supposed to. After a number of phone calls to our timber broker (HA! that's been a bit of a joke) and my mother, I really am unsure whether there is going to be any progress. One positive thing though, I received a call from a person named Valerie from the NRCS. I found out about this agency that assists farms with the cost of conserving water and soil from Nature's Harmony Farm's blog. THAT was pretty exciting, we need all the help we can get.
Now I have a fair amount of nervous energy, and I get busy taking down the last bit of fence along the road. Then I got a wild hair and went to grading. I dug out a ford so water can drain naturally across the road. The only thing that I wish for right now is to be living there on the farm. But hey, we might have a new dog soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment